Are You a Candidate for Supartz?
SUPARTZ may be the right treatment for you if:
- Your knee pain is due to osteoarthritis
- You are not getting adequate osteoarthritis knee pain relief from walking and/or physical therapy
- You are not getting adequate osteoarthritis knee pain relief from pain medications, including:
- Ibuprofen (e.g., Advil®)
- Acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol®)
- Naproxen sodium (e.g., Aleve®)
If you meet these criteria, ask your doctor if Supartz therapy is right for you!
Conversely, you should NOT receive SUPARTZ therapy if you have:
- Allergies to products from birds, such as feathers, eggs, and poultry
- Infections or skin diseases in the area in which the injection will be given
- Had any previous allergic reactions to Supartz therapy or similar material (hyaluronate products)
The safety and effectiveness of Supartz have not been established in pregnant women, lactating women, and children.
In clinical trials reviewed by the FDA, the most common adverse events occurring in patients treated with Supartz therapy were:
- Joint pain with no evidence of inflammation
- Joint pain with evidence of inflammation
- Back pain
- Pain (non-specific)
- Injection site reaction (pain/swelling/effusion/redness/warmth)
- Injection site pain
These adverse events also occurred at similar rates in patients treated with a saltwater placebo.
All trademarks are the properties of their respective companies.